Friday, September 12, 2008

Holga Disaster

Ok, I learned a very important lesson today…

Read instructions carefully, word by word… check and recheck  if you have understood it clearly until there’s no more room for error.

I mentioned before that it’s my first time to use the Holga 135, and I wanted to share some lomo pics from Helsinki… well, goodbye to my Helsinki shots… the whole roll was exposed… each and every shot I lovingly took… all because my hubby and I overlooked one important word --- “bottom”.

The instruction said: Push and Hold the Rewind Button on the bottom of the camera. Spin the rewind crank clockwise until you feel the tension drop off.

 There was a rewind crank on top and yes, we felt a tension while rewinding so we thought that was it! And then there was no tension anymore… so we thought we were done… we opened the camera… it was too late when we found out that we had actually forced the film to snap out of the roll, exposed under our bright cabin lights... darn… L

I badly wanted to see those shots… they were supposed to be my “baby” shots…  Imagine, at 8-10°C I had to take off my thick gloves just so I could take pictures with my Holga… my fingers were numb but I just wanted to capture the moment. 36 wonderful Helsinki moments down the drain. Shucks.

No comments: